Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Six Pack of the Week - Covers

Back on my old blog I ran a weekly feature called the Six Pack of the Week. I've decided to bring that feature over to this blog - congrats to you! I think it's a fantastic way to make everyone aware of some great tracks that are out there.


This week I'm focusing on covers. I've always loved a good cover, I've included a few I've been listening to lately. Enjoy!


This one's been floating around the blogo-sphere for the past few months. I highly recommend checking it out if you haven't already. Quite true to the original, though they certainly bring the rock harder than Wings ever did.

This can be found on the album Radio 1 Established 1967.

Buy some Foo Fighters: Amazon | iTunes
Visit them on the web: Official | Myspace


I found this one on Zac's myspace. It's quite an interesting take on the classic, totally different tempo and feel to it all. In case you're not familiar, Zac was the lead singer of The Nixons.

Buy some Zac Maloy: Amazon | iTunes
Visit him on the web: Myspace


This is one of the stand out tracks from the Ramone's tribute album that came out a few years ago. It also includes a few tracks by Eddie Vedder, Red Hot Chili Peppers etc. If you come across it I highly recommend picking it up.


Buy some Pete Yorn: Amazon | iTunes
Visit him on the web: Official | Myspace


Bet you didn't expect this one, eh? This really should have been in the movie. The bass drum is straight-up sweet in the mix.

This can be found on the album Technologie.

Buy some Black Lab: Amazon | iTunes
Visit them on the web: Official | Myspace


Another one that's made it's rounds across the blogo-sphere. Kinda funny that PJ seems to be the most successful (single wise) when they record and release a cover. Eddie's growl is at it's best here.

Buy some Pearl Jam: Amazon | iTunes
Visit them on the web: Official | Myspace


Here's a band you may not know about. They hail from the Great White North and they know their way around an effects pedal. I'm really diggin' on this version of one of my favorite Neil Young tunes - it's WAY more trippy. I highly recommend this one as well.

This can be found on the album Borrowed Tunes, a Tribute to Neil Young.

Buy some Jets Overhead: Amazon | iTunes
Visit them on the web: Official | Myspace

Hopefully those will sate your appetite for covers for now, I'm sure we'll have another six-pack of covers soon though so be ready!

0 comments: