Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Format - B-Sides and Rarities



I got some pretty heartbreaking news about the Format a couple of days ago. Luckily, fellow Format fans, there is comfort to be had. You can pick up a DVD called The Format, Live at the Mayan Theatre, featuring "over two hours of music & documentary footage." It was released in November, and features the album Dog Problems in its entirety, and a new song called Swans.
If that's not enough to fill the Format-shaped void in your life, head over to iTunes and buy B-Sides and Rarities. It's 18 demos and rarities, for 10 bucks. I'm listening to it right now. I doubt it'll stack up to the likes of Dog Problems - there's often a reason songs are b-sides - but I'm sure I'll find some gems to recommend. So far I'm really digging Threes and Seven Digit Pin Code.

Buy some Format! iTunes Amazon
Visit the site: Official Myspace

0 comments: