Thursday, April 3, 2008

Water Fai - Girls in the White Dream

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking Water Fai is an all-girl band, am I right? Well, you sir (or possibly ma'am) are wrong! They've got themselves a male drummer, thus making them simply a mixed-gender band. But what's more important is that these Osaka, Japan natives rock!

Their debut album, Girls in the White Dream, was originally self-released. However, on April 18th, White Shoe Records will be re-releasing it in all of its splendor. Some might call the sound "atmospheric rock," but that's too limiting in my mind. You Are The Sun is amazingly relaxing (I find my worries drifting away as I listen to it), while Kaiyon builds and builds until it's rocking your ears off. The album as a whole seems to be a mix of soothing melodies and sequences of building rock, which ends up working very well together. It's got a nice feel to it, I'm a fan.

[mp3] You Are The Sun
[mp3] Kaiyon

Buy some Water Fai: Order via email
Visit them online: Official | Myspace

0 comments: