Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart

I had a chance to listen to the new Death Cab For Cutie track today, it's called I Will Possess Your Heart. Not quite like anything I've heard from DCFC. Don't get me wrong - it has all the right elements to be a Death Cab song, it's just bout 4 minutes too long. This one clocks in over 8 minutes long and the vocals don't even make it into the mix until about halfway through the track.


All in all I like it, it's a nice step away from the 3 minute pop song. They pull it off moderately well, but it's probably not something they should be doing too often (like, say, Secret Machines do). I've put it up for download below, see what you think for yourselves.

Oh yeah, and I Will Possess Your Heart is the first single off their next album, Narrow Stairs (May 13th). Click here to pre-order it off Amazon.


Edit 3/21/08: Song removed by request.

Buy some Death Cab For Cutie: Amazon | iTunes
Visit them online: Official | Myspace

1 comments:

Stu said...

I went back in time to find this post, that's how much I'm diggin' this song! On first listen I thought, "meh, it's ok," but then on second, third, and every one after that I thought, "wow, this is just a great song!" Too bad we couldn't leave it up for d/l.