Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super Bowl Recap

Here's a recap if you missed the big game, or if you just weren't paying attention between commercials:

The pretty boy's team lost and Tom Petty's still got it.

I was pretty bitter a few years ago when MTV took over the half time show and started to give us some pretty terrible shows. Remember that Aerosmith + teeny-bopper extravaganza? That's what I'm talking about - terrible. 


Walk This Way (Aerosmith+N'Sync+Britney+Nelly+Mary J Blige...ugh)



Watching just a few seconds of that again made me throw up a little in my mouth. Viewer beware.

Never thought I'd say this, but Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake were probably the best thing that ever happened to the Super Bowl. Why? They pissed off enough people to keep the big networks away from "the pop music", so now they'll keep going with low risk-high profit acts like Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Prince and now Tom Petty. Hmmm...would I rather see N'Sync or The Stones...I'm just not sure on that one.

Now, back to Tom Petty. He looked old but still sounded great. The set was short and sweet, just the hits. I'm not saying this was the greatest show I've seen at the half, that's not what Tom Petty should be expected to provide. It was good though, worth a look/listen. Here's some videos of it off Youtube:

American Girl:



I Won't Back Down:



Free Falling:



Runnin' Down a Dream (mmm...this was my favorite):




Buy some Tom Petty: Amazon | iTunes
Visit them on the web: Official | Myspace

0 comments: