Sunday, February 24, 2008

Nantes by Beirut

So I generally don't post YouTube videos about anything, anywhere...well, ever. My reasoning is this: if it was me happening upon some random YouTube video somewhere, I wouldn't watch it. Not a big fan of the 'Tube myself and nowadays people throw-up these videos everywhere, likely thinking that each is as enlightening and worthwhile a watch as the next. I'm not trying to dissuade you from watching this video; on the contrary, I'm trying to point to the rarity of this type of post and the subsequent intrigue of this particular video.

About a week ago, a friend of mine recommended that I give the song "Nantes" by Beirut a listen, and that I might want to check out the video as well. The video was what I really loved. The album version is pretty alright, but the song really shines in the live performance. The way they setup the video, genius. I just wish I could tell you a little more about the band, but, well, they're new to me too. So enjoy Nantes by Beirut:


0 comments: