Thursday, March 6, 2008

Dear and the Headlights

So it amazes me that these guys are not more well-known. Excellent lyrics, some nice guitar riffs, and good drumming; what more could you ask for? This is a rhetorical question, of course, but if you think of a good answer let me know.

Anyway, the point is somehow the masses have yet to catch on. They played at Lollapalooza in 2007, but then again so did 80+ other bands, so it's probably hard to stand out in a crowd that large. Maybe being "hand-picked" to be the sole opening act for the Jimmy Eat World/Paramore co-headlining tour this spring will get them on the map. I'm not a fan of Paramore, but I like JEW, and a JEW/DATH combo will probably get me to the concert, especially since they're coming to 'lil 'ole Utah.

I think these 3 tracks are my favorites from their debut album, Small Steps, Heavy Hooves. I'm Bored, You're Amorous is outstanding; it was the first track I heard from DATH and it instantly made me want to find more. Just listen to the first 15 seconds and tell me you don't like it. Go on, do it! Grace is a nice rockin' song that also sport's great lyrics: "Taste the regret as it leaves your stomach/Coating your tongue with every noun," 'nuff said. And I love trying to figure out what's going on in Oh No! You know something's going on, but what is it?

[mp3] I'm Bored, You're Amorous
[mp3] Grace
[mp3] Oh No!

Buy some Dear and the Headlights: Amazon | iTunes
Visit them on the web: Official | Myspace | Purevolume

0 comments: